This exclusive drum play-through is Stefan Wild of Omophagia, playing Wheel in the Engine, from their 2017 Unique Leader release, In The Name of Chaos.
2007: Omophagia came into existence in December 2006 when Beni (Vocals) and Henrique (guitar) decided to found a death metal band. Soon after Raphael (guitar), RafaHell (bass guitar) und Lehmä (drums) joined and so Omophagia became a complete band in May 2007.
2008: Omophagia got the first possibilities to play live and in March they recorded and released their demo called “Devouring Raw Flesh” by themselves. Unfortunately, Raphael decided to leave the band in the beginning of September due to time-reasons, but not long after his retreat Mischa became his dignified replacement. Meanwhile, Omophagia played more than a dozen concerts including the Metalfest at Z7 where they had the honor to play with Morbid Angel, Kataklysm and Keep Of Kalessin.
2009: For Omophagia the next year has begun at least as successful as past one. They got the occasion to play many concerts and festivals nation-wide and abroad, for example at Transilvania CH, at the notorious Mountains Of Death and also at the Metalcamp Slovenia.
At the end of 2009, Omophagia started the preparations for their forthcoming debut album. Because of money- and time-reasons they decided to record it by themselves, therefore they rebuilt their rehearsal-room into a studio.
2010: Omophagia put a lot of energy into new songs and started to record their new album „Guilt By Nescience.“ Meanwhile, Omophagia had a good reputation among the Swiss death metal-scene and was able to play many concerts (for example as support of Belphegor).
2011: The year started very well with supporting the band Hail of Bullets in January. Furthermore, the recordings for the debut-album were completed and have been sent to “Hertz”-Studio in Poland (Decapitated, Vader, Behemoth, Hate etc.) for mixing and mastering.
Afterwards, the first setback appeared by the exit of Lehmä due to time-reasons.
But still, on the 14th of May, Omophagia released their debut-album called „Guilt By Nescience“ after four years of band-existence and almost 40 concerts. Unfortunately, the release-party had to be played without any drummer (just with drum-tracks). Omophagia decided not to play any further concerts without a drummer and therefore was looking for a good replacement for Lehmä.
At the end of July Omophagia has been completed again by the joining of a very talented drummer called Steven Wild and is stronger than ever! Be ready for a massive comeback!
Tama Starclassic Birch
BD 22″, RT10″, RT12″, FT16″
Mapex Black Panther Blaster 13” x 7″ snare
Pearl Demon drive P3002D
Sabian 16″ AAX Dark Crash
Sabian AA 16″ Crash
Sabian 18″ AA China
Sabian 16″ AA China
Sabian 12″ Pro Splash
Sabian 14″ B8 Pro Hit-hat
Headliner 14″ Hi-hat
Zildijan 21″ Mega Bell Ride
- The band consists of Brazilian and Swiss members, all living in Zurich Switzerland.
- The average age of the band is 30 years old.
- Omophagia plays a special Brazilian colored type of Death Metal.
- Omophagia belongs to the most established Swiss Death Metal bands. Existing for 8 years. They have a professional attitude and are easy to work with.
- Bands Omophagia supported: Despised Icon, Brujeria, Morbid Angel, Keep Of Kallessin, God Dethroned, Kataklysm, Arsis, Belphegor, Prostitute Disfigurement and many more.
- The third album is being completed, called „In The Name Of Chaos.“
- The mixing and mastering has been done by Hertz studio in Poland (Behemoth, Decapitated, Vader, Hate, etc.).
- A professional music video has been created. Please check the video „Down We Fall“ on youtube.
- Omophagia signed a label contract with UNIQUE LEADER RECORDS.
- Omophagia went on EU/UK tour with Morgoth and Incantation.
- Omophagia went on EU tour with Benighted, Wormed, Unfathomable Ruination.
- Omophagia played the Metal Days Festival in Slovenia 2017.