|Saturday, 26 November 2011 16:58|
Keep up with Tom here:
I started playing drum around the age of 14. I have always played the fast stuff, but in my years of 16-18 I started to play different genres including jazz and rock. I have shared the stage with various National Touring acts and as of next summer (2012) I shall be in that position as well as a Nation Touring Act. I have ALWAYS loved music. I have been involved in it since I was in the 3rd grade playing Alto Saxophone for my school band. I learn pretty much from watching my idols play on YouTube, or live, and pick up on certain things and try to tweak them as much as possible. It all started out as a huge step from saxophone to drums but, I think it paid off really well! My band and I Recently Signed a Record Label Contract with Innerstrength Records! www.facebook.com/innerstrengthrecords
Tom Salazar Interview
SDM: How old were you when you started playing?
Tom: I was about 14 years old. I was freshly out of my school's band class (playing alto saxophone) I got to catch a performance of my friends playing Sinister Minister by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. It was amazing because they played on random things like the floors, each other, it was like that dancing stuff "Stepping" but with drums. It completely changed my ENTIRE outlook out everything and I knew for sure I wanted to play drums from that moment on. I have currently two 7 song demo's, one EP, one 2 song demo and a full length album (in the works) under my belt.
SDM: Did you play in a school band or any drum corps?
Tom: I did play in a school band but, not drums. Alto Saxophone
SDM: Who are your top 5 metal influences?
Tom: George Kollias, Tim Yeung, Derek Roddy, Francesco Paoli, Danny Terchin
SDM: Who are some other of your favorites?
Tom: Some of my other favorite's are people like: Terry Bozio, Thomas Lang, Neil Peart, Brandon Tabor and Marco Pitruzzella.
SDM: Let us know 5 CD's that are in your current rotation
Tom: Glad you asked for CD's and not iPod...
1) Salt the Wound - Kill the Crown
2) Behemoth - Evangelion
3) Hour of Penance - Paradogma
4) Rose Funeral - The Resting Sonata
5) Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik
SDM: What do you do to warm up before a show?
Tom: I tend to seclude myself away after setting my gear up, sit at a low elevated area and practice my feet. Before I even move my gear over as well, I like to warm my hands up on my Roland Spd-S sampling pad. It helps out a lot with not tensing or freezing up during out sets. I also stretch a ton, I try to be as limber as possible for being a big guy.
SDM: Do you read music? Regardless of answering yes or no, please tell us how it might have effected your playing?
Tom: Well I can read certain music for other instruments. I wish I had the time to learn to read drum music because, it could help me improve so much more as a drummer and that is one thing I always like doing. Improving.
SDM: Can you tell us about the gear you use?
Tom: Of course!
- Ddrum Defiant
- Kick: 22"
- Tom Sizes: 10", 12, 14",16"
- Snare: Ddrum Defiant 14"
- Heads on Toms: Evans EC210" - Evans EC2 12" -Evans EC2 14" - Evans EC2 16"
- Head on Snare: Evans Power Dot
- Head on Kick: Aquarian Super Kick 2
- Cymbals: 13" Sabian HHX High-Hats, 18" Sabian Metal X China, 16" Sabian AAX X-Plode Crash, 6" Zildjian Zil-Bell, 16" Sabian AAX Dark Crash, 10" Agazarian Splash, 16" Sabian AAX Stage Crash, 22" Zildjian Z3 Mega-Bell Ride, 18" Wuhan China
- Pedals/Misc: Axis XL-2 Longboard pedals w/stock beaters, Roland SPD-S Sampling Pad, Alesis DM5 Trigger Module, Ddrum Pro Trigger. Pearl DR503c Icon Rack and Vader Fatback 5A Drumsticks.
Band's I have played with:
- Rose Funeral (Metal Blade Records)
- And Hell Followed With x3 (Earache Records)
- Oceano (Earache Records)
- MyChildren MyBride (Solid State Records)
- Belie My Burial (SOAR Records)
- Suffokate (Mediaskare Records)
- Chelsea Grin (Artery Recordings)
- Attila (Artery Recordings)
- Arsonists Get All The Girls (Century Media Records)
- In the Midst of Lions (Facedown Records)
- Within The Ruins (Victory Records)
- Wretched (Victory Records)
- Liferuiner (Uprising Records)
- The World We Knew (Stillborn Records)
- Monsters (False Prophet Records)
- The Analyst (Innerstrength Records)
- Of Salt and Swine (Innerstrength Records)
- Through the Fire (Hotfoot Records)
- Enjoy the Massacre (Duckphone Records)
- A Night at the Chalet (Innerstength Records)
- Serpents (Outerloop Management)
and many more!
Music Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHfI8_M5t5g
New Material #1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVrjONkqPGM
New Material #2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfJRRnJJAg
Gear Run Thru: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lto6s4xlhw
Old Song Playalong: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncrw-4Ymf10
Это "скачать игру спаун"широко признанное средство, милорд.
В общем и "Кряк tuneup utilities 2012"целом, мне кажется, что, наконец, пришло время, когда "скачать опера на сенсорный телефон"Совет должен "скачать железнякова чучело"принять меры, имеющее непосредственное отношение "Скачать программы для оформление windows xp"к Джел.
Трибунал приговаривает вас и ваш отряд к "приказ о приему на работу скачать"коллективному наказанию.
Я перестал чесать ухо и внимательно посмотрел на него.
Я "скачать на телефон яндекс метро" встретил соседа, белого, идущего от дома.
Карлос знал, что южные племена никогда "скачать минусовку синий синий" не применяют такую тактику.
Глядя на "Окружающий мир. 2 класс: Учебник в 2-х частях. Часть 2. ФГОС" красный диск солнца, садящегося за жилые кварталы, он прислушался к шуму машин.