Sick Drummer Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Trouble with Alesis DM-5
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Trouble with Alesis DM-5
defekkto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Trouble with Alesis DM-5 3 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey everyone, I have an Alesis DM-5 and have been using it for about a year now, but there is something I haven't been able to figure out. I play extreme stuff with gravity blasts and the problem is I can only use a few different snare samples for it, if not it doesn't register all of the hits. I've tried lowering the decay but it doesn't help. Shouldn't each sample triggered cancel out the last one allowing for unlimited speed? I would like to use a snare sample with a bit more of a twangy/rimshot type sound but it doesn't work for the gravity blasts. Any suggestions as to how I can fix the problem?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Bretton
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Trouble with Alesis DM-5 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
need to work with each of the trigger settings, Gain, V-Curve, Cross talk, Decay, and Noise

too little gain = soft hits (such as gravity blasts) won't register // too much gain = double/false triggering.
V-curve = dynamics. probably want to crank it up to 7 if you're doing gravity blasts, so soft hits still come out full volume
crosstalk: too low, hitting something other than the snare might cause the snare to fire // too high = might not register soft hits
decay: too low = double/false triggering from the head still vibrating after the first hit // too high = won't trigger as fast as you're playing
noise: too low = sympathetic vibrations from all around may cause trigger to fire // too high = might not register soft hits

also, not enough dampening might make it prone to double/false triggering

I'm having trouble getting my kicks just right myself.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top
Please update your Flash Player to view content.